We're looking to find some lovely keepers of the solar system (otherwise known as invigilators!)
Dates: 13th- 28th September 2014
Location: Circus Street Market
Brighton Digital Festival and the Mind’s Eye team are looking support from a team of committed invigilators for the duration of the project to:
- Keep an eye on the equipment to make sure the FM radio transmitters places across the space are working and on the same frequency
- Make sure any battery equipment is charged (MP4 Players)
- Welcome audiences to the space
- Hand out MP4 players and headphones (and make sure they are handed back)
- Make sure audiences are behaving appropriately in the space
- Help us capture information about if audiences enjoyed the show (so we can apply for funding in the future)
- Put the MP4 players and headphone in a safe and secure location at the end of the day.
- Below timetable - open up and close the space if we are the last ones in the space
Other than that the audio installation looks after itself! So you will be able to enjoy the interviews with scientists or engineers, or a good book!
If you would like to sign up to invigilate please contact:
Laurence Hill- firstname.lastname@example.org
Fill out this doodle poll online
Please see full schedule listed below
An induction will be held on:
Friday 12th September, 4pm at Circus Street, or at 11am Saturday 13th September.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
The Shrinking Space team x
Saturday 13th: 10-2pm & 2pm- 6pm
Sunday 14th: 10-2pm & 2pm- 6pm
Thursday 18th: 3.30pm- 6pm
Friday 19th: 3.30pm- 6pm
Saturday 20th: 10-2pm & 2pm- 6pm
Sunday 21st: 10-2pm & 2pm- 6pm
Friday 26th: 3.30pm- 6pm
Saturday 27th: 10-2pm & 2pm- 6pm
Sunday 28th: 10-2pm & 2pm- 6pm
About the project:
As part of Brighton Digital Festival (BDF) Shrinking Space will be presenting, Mind’s Eye – an ambitious site specific audio piece bringing art and science together to offer audiences an opportunity to explore and understand the solar system via the voices of those most familiar with it.
Mind's Eye will transport you from one of Brighton’s least known areas to all corners of our Solar System. Put on a set of headphones and let the experience of pioneering scientists and engineers fuel your imagination. Guided by their voices; wander the barren plains of Mars, witness Rosetta’s imminent landing on a comet and adventure beyond, past the aurora of Saturn and on to interstellar space.